Monday, March 15, 2010

BREAKING NEWS!

I overheard this literally just now, here in the Tompkins County Public Library, in Ithaca.  The man is in the magazine reading section, on the other side of the library.  He was yelling (not in a figurative, "inside-voice" kinda way, but in a gym-class "I'M OPEN!" kinda way) into either a cell phone or an imagined cell phone. 

Ahem...let me get this right, the tone and subtle under-context he was using:

"WHA-IT?  WHA-IT?  I'M MEE-'IN HIM.  NO. MEE-'IN HIM LAYTA.  WHA-IT?  I'M AT THE LIBERRY NOW!  I'M AT THE LIBERRY!"

He actually yelled "liberry" in the liberry itself.

Now back to editing for me, and I hope you have a berry berry nice day.

(c)2010 Scott Teel.  All rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. Are liberries just like boysenberries? when are they in season?

    ReplyDelete
  2. His favorite food is strawbraries.

    ReplyDelete