Thursday, June 17, 2010

I was at the walk-in clinic/lab the other day to get blood drawn for a test and noticed a new, nicely illustrated sign hanging in several areas instructing anyone with a cough to wear a surgical mask or:

"--Cough into elbow, not hands."
"--Use sanitizer to clean hands."

In that order.  Cough into elbow, sanitize hands.  Not even addressing that you can't cough into your elbow, you cough into your inner-arm-side of the elbow, the crook of the arm.  I had a red pen in my pocket and wanted to write "and sanitize elbows (crook of arms), too, where all the germs are now," but I had a needle in my right arm, so I couldn't.  My normal writing is hard enough to read; left-handed it looks like a photograph of microscopic tapeworm larvae.

(c) Copyright 2010 Scott Teel.  All rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. i think people should start sanitizing their lungs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, that's what smokin's for, m'dear! Hot chemicals are inhaled to kill off any bacteriums and such, leaving the lungs clean and healthy! What did you think it was for? Pleasure?*

    *This reply brought to you by the 1960s tobaccco lobby. Smoke your way to a healthier you!

    ReplyDelete